Friday, April 22, 2011

friday am good news/bad news

Well, the sports news was certainly good, wasn't it?

And in sports news you don't care about unless you are, y'know, me, Felix Hernandez remembered that he is not in fact James Shields, but King effin' Felix, reigning AL Cy Young winner, and decided to pitch like it. Which is good. I was beginning to lose faith in my baby Hispanic power pitchers--well, except Jhoulis***. But now I'm sure my Ubaldo will come along any day now.

In sports news you also don't care about, but which is not so positive, can I just tell you (i.e. complain to you) that in fantasy baseball, the way to make some douchebag who is in a horrible slump and who could not get a hit even if he were facing friggin' Lackey come out of it is to sit him. This will make said douchebag go three for four while hitting a two run home run. Because your fantasy players, despite not knowing of your existence, live to spite you. (That's what the voices in my head told me. Shut up.)

And in totally non-sports-related bad news, I missed my bus to work this morning by one minute--I was on the opposite side of the street, trying to cross as it zoomed by my stop--and I was so irritated, with myself if no one else, because I was up in plenty of time to get out of the house when I should have, that I walked down to Dunkin Donuts and bought a blueberry muffin. Bought and ate a blueberry muffin. Five hundred calories and my entire daily carb allowance wasted on something that sucked, just because I was in a bad mood. Grrr. I suppose being in a bad mood because you actually missed your bus is better than being in a bad mood because you had a crappy dream (which makes no sense at all) and therefore I am one up on yesterday. Go, me.

xoxo

***I don't even want to tell you how long it took me to learn to spell Jhoulis (and, honestly, I'm not even sure that's right).

Addendum: I did, however, eventually, hours later, find the mistake in this post and fix it. I may be getting stupider and I may have trouble with "Jhoulis" but there will be no homonym abuse on my watch. Dammit.

No comments: