Monday, April 4, 2011

baseball weekend

Much like Vampire Weekend but less musical!

So, how about those Red Sox? Didn't they look like they're poised to go all the way? (Jesus wept.) I am sure they will productively use their day off traveling to Cleveland to figure out why their crack staff of pitchers suck so very very much. Can I tell you how their absolute suckitude affected me personally? Besides making me yell at the TV, that is? The Rangers kept putting Neftali in in non-save situations. If the Sox had only kept those games a little bit closer as they were losing them, that would have been two saves for me. God. Why does no one ever think about *me*?

Yeah, so let's transition to my fantasy team, shall we? It's early days yet, but I'm in 7th place out of 13 teams--right up there in "mediocre" like I swore I would be. Surprisingly, it is *my* crack pitching staff that has failed me so far, though explain this: I'm second in the league in WHIP but last in ERA. Other than Delmon Young and Adam LaRoche who are having slow starts, the rest of my losers are getting on base and scoring or driving in runs. I'm sure that will come to a screeching halt at some point, but hopefully my pitchers will have remembered how to strike people out by then and it will all balance out. That's the plan.

We do have this new rule/category this year that is pissing me off. If your guy gets caught stealing you get a negative stolen base!!!! If Mr Jose Tabata picked his spot better yesterday, I'd now have 3 stolen bases instead of 1. Grr. He went 3 for 5 though, so we won't be too mad at him. Plus, he's got a cool last name. It makes me want to go run intervals til I puke. Heh.

Okay. I'm just waiting for lunch to be delivered, so blame all this nonsense on low blood sugar.

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Maybe we need to explain to pitchers that "crack" means "talented," rather than a cocaine derivative. Perhaps they made a mistake in their training regimen? That is, assuming they trained at all to come up with a performance like that.

malevolent andrea said...

That must be how effin' Lackey "lost weight" over the winter. I think you may be on to something ;-)