Friday, April 29, 2011

doing my blogging duty

Up until today I could not bring myself to care about the nuptials of two famous people I do not know, will never meet, and have no emotional investment in. I am told (by the Benevolent L) that I was interested in Di and Chuck's back in the day--honestly, I have no memory of it fascinating me, but then, as now, I frequently found myself fascinated by random things and people, so I believe her--but weddings and royal people are ever so much more fascinating when you are 18 and the new princess is just a year older than you are. So what I'm saying is, you'd have to be living beneath a rock to not be aware there was a big marriage set to occur this morning, but I wasn't arsed to pay much attention.

Well, this morning D came to work with me so he could get labs drawn and while we were sitting in outpatient registration at 7:10 am, all the TVs were of course broadcasting the wedding. I got to see it just in time to see Kate and Will exiting the church and getting into a horse drawn carriage that looked like nothing so much as a prop from some version of Cinderella. And all the horsemen behind them in uniform. And she was glowing and smiling and he was smiling and the crowds on the street were ecstatic. I turned to D and said, "That is SO cool."

It was! They had me at the pumpkin coach.

And that's all I have to say about that.

xoxo

1 comment:

crispix67 said...

I only this week got caught up in it...and this morning watching the replys of it and the kiss on the balcony, I got caught in the romance and beauty and Love of it all. :-) I even got on my soapbox on the evil Facebook when a high school friend said the world needed to get its priorities straight and quit worrying about a wedding. Told him that we could get back to fear and depression and thinking the world was falling apart tomorrow. Today, Love ruled. :-)

Back to unicorn,rainbow and kitten orgasm land I go :-)

*leaving a trail of pixie dust*