Friday, April 1, 2011

instead of my usual whining and/or panic

Money, money, money.

I would like to share with you some good financial news. God, it might even be so good I can buy myself a dress. Probably not though.

1.) I got my electric bill for March yesterday and it was 2/3rd less than my February bill and 3/4th less than my January bill. Just let that sink in for a minute. While this bill is not what one might call "small", I paid 3x as much in January. And yet did not bottom out my checking account. That's good budgeting, Andrea. If I do say so myself.

2.) After massive mucking about, my ultimate overlords, Partners Healthcare, who did not tell me that the supporting proof for my FSA claim did NOT come through their FAX until approximately a month after I had submitted it, finally approved my reimbursement for my glasses. So I will get my $300 back, probably in next week's check.

3.) Concurrent with that, it's ET cash-in time again, so those Partners Healthcare bastids can pay me an extra two weeks pay that I did not take in vacation because a) I got no place to go and b) no money to go there. Of course when one gets three weeks worth of pay in one check, the amount of money the feds take makes one wince. But someone has got to support what-thefuck-ever we're doing in Libya and it might as well be me. And it will still be a nice check. (Since the fruit of my loins has his birthday coming up this month, I am thinking of buying him a little netbook. Shh, don't tell.)

xoxo

P.S. It occurs to me that Partners Healthcare probably has some lackey whose job is to google all mentions of them, and thus my ultimate overlords will put me on some kind of watchlist for taking their name in vain. Oops. How many "Andrea"s do you think they employ? Maybe I ought to go remove my indentifying-tattoo photos. ahahahaha

And an addendum: so I wrote this post at 3:30-something Friday and at 4:50-something I got home, opened my mailbox, and found my quarterly tax bill for the house. Oh, yeah, it's that time again! No dress for me! ahahaha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you, but from where I sit, if you paid three times as much for electricity in January as in March, your March bill was 1/4 of your January bill, not 3/4s. Or your March bill was 1/3rd of your January bill... the way that term is used in English is kind of ambiguous.

Maybe all your financial anxiety is caused not by low funds, but by reversed arithmetic. Just sayin. :-ppp

malevolent andrea said...

Okay, I fixed it to mean what I meant. Also? Shut up.

hahahaha

crispix67 said...

Play nice, kids ;-)

malevolent andrea said...

Oh, Mr Indemnity just likes to think that he works in the Math Dept or something.

ahahahaha

I'm just cracking myself up today.