Friday, September 11, 2009

my money woes are solved

Without even having to cash in another big jar o' change. Imagine that.

I had my annual review today. I am getting a 92.7 cent an hour raise. Even after taxes that should probably cover one spa pedi (with a good tip, because I believe strongly in sharing the luv) per month. It might even cover both my pedi and my kalamata olive habit. You never know.

Maybe I should make up a little spreadsheet and figure how much money I spend a month on antipasto. Then I *would* know. That would probably be the fiscally responsible thing to do. Can you imagine the categories if I were to break down my expenses? It would be hilarious. I'd have to have one for salty snack foods, and one for beverages with dubious health claims, and one for beauty treatments with dubious results... You get the idea.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Cheap B******s! Why can't it be 92.9 cents...then you could put the fraction toward a gallon of gas ;)

malevolent andrea said...

I would tell you just what percentage raise I got that works out to 92.7 cents an hour, but then I'd have to kill you :-) State secrets and all.

Anonymous said...

That's more raise than I got this year, which, like everyone else who was "exempt" at my august institution of higher learning was exempted from any raise. In fact, my raises in prior years were pretty close, at least on a 40 hour/week basis.

Hey, it's not much, but it's sure better than nothing at all!