Tuesday, July 28, 2009

three unrelated matters

1.) Longtime readers will be thrilled to know that today, for the first time, Marcy moxibustioned me. (She also dumped the whole bag of "moxa" on the floor when she was showing me what it looked like. Technical difficulties!) Ignited herbs on the insides of my knees did not, however, turn out to be the incredibly exciting and exotic process I had envisioned. The "plum blossom" needle/hammer was much funkier.

2.) Not only have I personally paid the roofer, the plumber (x2), and the vent guy in the past month, my neighbors just repaved their driveway and had new porch stairs built, the people around the corner/across the street are also having their porch rebuilt right now, and the people several houses down from them have been building a huge addition for a month and a half, requiring all kinds of carpenters and contractors and my roofer. In this crappy economy. My point being, any of your kids show an interest in going to the technical high school, you just go ahead and encourage it, so that in your old age they can send you on cruises to tropical places or at least put you in the good nursing home where the staff *won't* let you get bedsores.

3.) And now for something disturbing. Local news story today--don't know if it made the TV news or not, but I'm guessing "maybe" for the depravity factor--wherein two arrests were made in the recent savage beating of a homeless man. The alleged perps? Ages eleven and fourteen. Are you kidding me? Are you fucking kidding me? Eleven? There are no words.

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The eleven-year-old's always been considered advanced for his age. ;-)

Uncle said...

As I recall, an 11 yo under the influence of a 14 yo can be considered a lethal weapon. Keep them on a short leash, says I.

Uncle said...

As for trade school, absolutely! Especially when I consider what I just paid four guys to paint my house, putting in eight days in the sunshine...and leaving me to do the windows! :((