Saturday, July 18, 2009

more people watching

So, just a few minutes ago, I was in line at the 7-11, and directly in front of me was a short little skinny woman, bleached hair showing copious amounts of dark and gray roots (not that I'm throwing stones--god knows, *I* know how hard it is to keep up), and judging solely by her crow's feet, around my age, give or take. I watched with a mixture of fascination and horror, bordering on awe, as she proceeded to order a chili cheese dog from behind the counter. Now, I know someone must do, but I personally have never seen anyone buy a 7-11 hot dog. I was so nonplussed by this I swear I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "Wow. You really like to live on the edge."

She was also asking for something else from behind the counter, something I could not quite make out beyond "nope, the ones on the right...yeah, those ones..." The clerk put the other item down next to her chili dog as she paid.

Oh, rolling papers. Ohhhhhh.

There's an explanation for everything in this world.

xoxo

No comments: