Wednesday, October 8, 2008

misc!

1.) Breaking my own blog rule: The other night my dad says to me, "Did you hear that Obama was a terrorist in the 60s?" I just looked at him. "Dad. Obama's my age. In the 60s he was in grammar school. First grade, to be exact." He thinks about this and starts laughing. "Yeah, well, okay, but he could still have been a terrorist. Maybe he was one of those real advanced kids." (I keep telling you, there's a reason I turned out as I did.) But, seriously? I know not every TV viewer is a half-blind, half-deaf 82 y.o. who, though cured through the miracles of podiatry, still has some difficulty with realizing how long ago any given decade was unless you force him to do the math. Be that as it may, how many of them do half-listen to the attack ads and the bogus news items and the talking points and just believe whatever? I think democracy is a very bad idea. The average American is too stoopid to vote. And I include myself right in there.

2.) True confessions: I did not stay up for game 3 or game 4. I had no faith in them winning either of those games, and I *knew* Beckett was going to suck. Unfortunately, my prediction that he would only last 2 and 1/3 innings before having to be pulled so Wakefield could come in from the bullpen and heroically knuckleball our way to a sweep did not come true. Anyway. The Angels made me nervous for no good reason. I'm feeling much better about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Also for no good reason. Other than Red Sox-Dodgers World Series, baby!

3.) I would rather rake leaves then cut grass. I would rather lie on my chaise supervising the gardener while Raul, my pool boy, brings me margaritas and rubs my feet than either, but that ain't happening. Alas.

xoxo

No comments: