Sunday, October 26, 2008

defending myself publicly

I am an empathetic and loving person, full of the milk of human kindness--Mother Theresa in semi-expensive lingerie, as it were--if given to bouts of melancholy and introspection and fond of dark music, dark literature, and dark films, and filled with the tiniest bits of glee over my latent ability to make my ex-spouse's life a living hell--which I would of course never use (see above)--and only given to fits of rage on the Green Line during rush hour or when Fenway is emptying out and when the staff of my family's medical providers refuse to just do their jobs, and charmingly cranky over the foibles of humanity manifest on the internet, as well as the predilection of certain of my loved ones for putting jars of apple sauce back in the refrigerator empty. I am, in fact, a woman who lives her life according to the motto

Love is free
Love me
Say HELL YES

who hugs anyone who will let her, who never gets impatient with the crying sick babies and screaming frightened toddlers entrusted to her care and hides it very well when she gets impatient with their parents, and who sometimes tears up a little in private over her teenage patients with the cutting scars on their arms.

What I am not now, nor have I ever been, is "surly." Got that? Good!

One more thing. I'm up to the second season of Torchwood, and in the first second season episode, there's a fight scene choreographed to Song 2 by Blur. I want to point out that this is also a song which is guaranteed to put you in a good mood. In fact, if you listen to it and you don't want to dance around your house going Woo Hoo!! at the chorus, I'll send you a buck. That's my good mood guarantee!

Happy Sunday!

xoxo

No comments: