Tuesday, October 14, 2008

it must be said

A Phillies-Rays World Series is gonna suck even more ass.

That was a sad spectacle last evening. I'm just hoping that this is shades of 2004, where my boys are gonna play like shit just to suddenly turn it around into brilliance and snatch victory from ignominious defeat. Or something like that. I will say that I was watching the beginning of the NL game last night and I had to comment that at least one of those balls that the Dodgers first baseman couldn't keep from going into right, Youk woulda had. I'm firmly convinced.

Okay. That's all the baseball I have to talk about today.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Look, just don't *say* those things! Don't even think them! Think only pre-2004 thoughts: especially with Wakefield pitching next.

Only bad mojo will get them through.

Anonymous said...

Sure doesn't look like 2004 tonight...

Unless you count that game where the Yankees got 18 runs.

You know, if only Julio Lugo were in the lineup we'd be doing a lot more scoring. It's those power hitting shortstops that really make all the difference in post-season play.

Just sayin'