Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"turn your calves into cows"

Oh, it's a sad day, Adventurers. I'm sure you've heard--it was all *over* the news at 5:30 this morning and that was over seven hours ago--that The Governator and his Kennedy wife are splitsville. Why this is a major news story of epic proportions, I dunno. Long-married people their (our) age reach the point where they are so thoroughly sick of each other's shit that they cannot take another minute of it quite often, don't they?

I, of course, choose to (in the fictional version of their lives I've made up!) paint him as the bad guy. Despite the quote in this blog title (which I do not for a second believe he wrote himself) and despite the fact that his movies were always guilty pleasures (and brought the world "Linda Hamilton Terminator 2 arms" after all), I have never liked him since I read or heard years ago that the reason Maria S was so skeletally thin was that he demanded she diet and exercise herself into that condition. That could be a baldfaced lie and slander, but I choose to believe it. Why *she* would acquiesce to it is a thorny problem of its own, of course. I mean, I'm sure he didn't chain her to the treadmill or put locks on the cupboard doors and take away her money so she couldn't sneak out and buy Yodels, so she HAD to acquiesce. In a best case scenario, she just lurved him and wanted to please him. In a worst case scenario, he emotionally abused her such that she was convinced she looked like a whale if she weighed over 104. Who knows? In any case, I never had a positive view of him or their marriage since the whole thing was planted in my head.

Which is silly. Because you know the truth is probably as far from the gossip as the truth about Inappropriate PDA Weightlifting Couple is from my suppositions about them.

I was going somewhere with this and I seem to have lost the thread. Shut up.

xoxo

No comments: