Thursday, May 5, 2011

in which there is more y intrigue

So! Last week Inappropriate PDA Weightlifting Couple were working out together again on at least two occasions. I was somewhat confused by this, but I figured they must have, whatever the sad and/or sordid story of their previous relationship, come to a truce and decided they could be friends again. Gym buddies, at least. Give each other a spot. Whatev. Well, confusing or not, I thought it was kinda nice. So much less awkward than those semi-stilted conversations they'd been having the couple weeks before.

This afternoon they were in the weight room together again, pretty much the entire time I was up there. And--for once I can say "fortunately"--I had forgotten my iPod at home, so my eavesdropping chances were WAY up there. My ears first perked up when I heard her call him "hon." Now, admittedly, I myself call many people that I am not banging hon, sweetie, darlin', and the like. In fact people I am banging usually find themselves bestowed with a more unique and personal private name at some point, precluding the usual run-of-the-mill endearments. But, I dunno, just the offhand way she said it implied a certain level of intimacy. So, as I said, my ears perked up. And I was rewarded soon after by his telling her, "You looked really beautiful this morning. You had your sexy going on."

Okay! So apparently "giving each other a spot" can again be taken to mean a whole nother concept, wink wink. I am back to being totally confused, but the person I feel bad for is mysterious cake-baking girlfriend. Has she been summarily dumped soon after showing her growing devotion through baked goods? Or is she (now? again?) being cheated on? I wish, if these people were going to do and say things that drew my attention, they would do and say things that fitted more neatly and in a linear fashion to the fictional lives I am constructing for them. God.

xoxo

No comments: