Thursday, February 17, 2011

more proof of my basically poor character

Would it be wrong of me to tell you that a.) I don't particularly care that Scott Brown was molested and b.) wish he had kept it to himself, because I'm really sick of knowing too much about our public officials but also c.) am cynical enough to wonder if this is because some photos of Scotty sucking dick are about to surface and this is some kind of preemptive move so he can then claim "not my fault I'm TEH GAY! it was caused by my childhood trauma!" Yeah, I thought so. I'm definitely going to hell.

In other evidence against me, I had to hurry around this morning wrapping a couple of Christmas presents because I may possibly see my (ex)sister-in-law tonight and I have stuff for her kids that hasn't been gifted yet. How lazy do you have to be to have presents you bought over two months ago not wrapped yet? Pretty damn lazy! (Though not as lazy as the person who told me this week they fully intend to buy me a Christmas present, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. Ahem. You know who you are.)

On the positive side of my ledger, I am taking baby steps on some things I have been procrastinating on, which is good, right?

I hope you are all enjoying this semi-spring-like day. And praying for my soul.

xoxo

3 comments:

Uncle said...

Look, I've got my share of victimhood to mess with, but I'm cynical enough to agree with you. (I didn't think of the pictures, but thx for the visual.)

Don't sweat the gifts.I've managed to put off replying to my favourite cousin's holiday letters for two years, so I think you're ahead on virtue: wrap on.

malevolent andrea said...

You're welcome! I live to serve!

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking it will get him a lot of sympathy, and perhaps sympathy votes, from the tree hugger types, which are rampant amongst Massachusetts voters. I'm predicting a close race in 2012 if the Mass Dems nominate someone with more personality than a lox (which is only partially likely). The child abuse sympathy vote could make the difference.

Plus "shocking revelations of childhood sexual abuse" gets him on all sorts of national media, and thus gives him wider visibility and more campaign contributions (look at what it did for my next gf, Christine O'Donnell's income... errrr, warchest)

My first thought when I heard this: just keep it to yourself. Or to your family and therapist. But sex abuse is now a pop culture cliche, emanating from every other celeb and the subject of countless memoirs, fictional and non. It is on longer some act of great liberation and bringing it out of the closet of oppression to say you've been abused. So why do I have to know that about my senator any more than I need to hear about his first blowjob? (Giving or receiving).