Monday, January 24, 2011

civilization is probably ending but at least i'll be cozy

A major retailer of teenage girl clothing is selling this shirt and I am dying a little more inside every day. Just thought you'd want to know.




However, in far better clothing news, last night I bought online a clearance J Crew merino wool sweater with an additional 40% off, which brought the price to...wait for it...wait for it...keep waiting, it's worth it...$11.99, bitches. Now, it's a weird pink color that they call "light berry" and will probably look horrible with my complexion, but a marino wool sweater for 12 bucks? It had to be bought.

Also? Did you hear Jack LaLanne died? He was awesome. I saw him on an episode of Gilad the other day--I don't know what year it was from, but it couldn't have been that old--and Jack was cranking out pushups on the beach. I hope that's me in 40 years. Hey, by then I'll probably have mastered those pistol squats! Heh.

xoxo

4 comments:

Uncle said...

I thought of you when I read a piece in the Sunday paper on the princess obsession in little girl's marketing. This ain't princess but it's cut from the same cloth.

Jack LaLanne was giving me guilt 50 years ago, but there it is: 96 and fit to the last. He supposedly said "I can't die: it would ruin my image." Gotta love that.

Anonymous said...

You'd have no problem with the T-shirt if it was grammatically/orthographically correct, right?

I mean, there's plenty of ways of advertising one's "availability"... that shirt is rather demure by comparison.

malevolent andrea said...

Oh, yeah, if it were spelled correctly, it'd be just another "juicy-across-the-butt" bit of tackiness. It's the unabashed homonym abuse by a major retailer (and the number of people who must have had the chance to correct that mistake before it was too late) that sends it to the next level. God help us all.

Uncle said...

See, this is why the major retailers have fistfuls of Benjamins and the writers have all run out of benefits: the retailers *don't* know and the consumers don't care (sigh).