Friday, November 19, 2010

okay, okay, after this I really am done

As you may have heard, my boy Felix Hernandez, he of the summer-long Adventures suicide watch, had his season of crushing defeats and stellar pitching vindicated yesterday when he won the AL Cy Young despite his 13-12 record. And what did he say about his fellow Mariners, the ones I personally would have kneecapped in the clubhouse or at least punched repeatedly in a fit of rage? "They tried to do too much for me. I love my teammates."

And what did Roy Halladay, NL Cy Young award winner, say about the appropriateness of Felix winning? "Ultimately, you look at how guys are able to win games. Sometimes, you find a way to win games." Oh, fuck you, Halladay.

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

I didn't hear about Halladay's comments until now, but I agree that he needs to be given a nice big steaming mug of shut the fuck up. I liked David Price's comments much better: "I think they got it right".

Uncle said...

Astonishing. They've gone back to giving the Cy Young for class? That leaves out the entire Yankees rotation...as well as Halladay.