Tuesday, November 2, 2010

ghost of halloween future

As much as I was pleased with how Zombie Andrea turned out, especially considering my utter lack of thought and preparation, I do know I could have stepped up my game. I didn't have any rotting (latex) skin. There should have been blood continuing onto my neck and chest, zombies being messy eaters n' all, but I didn't want to take the chance of ruining my lolcats shirt. But in viewing other people's Halloween costumes on the interwebz, I found what was perhaps my biggest impediment to an above-and-beyond fabulous costume. I should have been Zombie Somebody Else, rather than Zombie Andrea.

Someone dressing up as a zombie? Okay. Somebody dressing up as a famous person or fictional character? Okay. Somebody dressing up as the zombie version of a famous person or fictional character? Brilliant! Zombie Shari Lewis (w/ Zombie Lambchop!)? Zombie Amelia Earhart? Zombie Joan Holloway? Zombie Sarah Palin? Now we're talking creativity!

I guess I now have one full year to plan this. Which means all y'all will be expecting better than what a person who was googling makeup tutorials online the Friday before Halloween can reasonably be expected to provide. You can help by suggesting to me what famous person or character you'd like to see zombified for shits n' giggles. I will give public props and probably leftover Halloween candy to anyone whose idea I choose to purloin next year, of course. Kthxbai!

xoxo

4 comments:

Craig H said...

If that zombie Shari Lewis with zombie Lambchop idea was yours, PATENT IT and take it ALL THE WAY. It's a winner. If it's taken from someone else, I don't care, still take it all the way. Genius.

malevolent andrea said...

Not mine. Stolen from the interwebz. I hope this link works:

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2010/11/7031_lambchopped.jpg

Uncle said...

Brilliant indeed! My next-year plan for a quick, (relatively) cheap and dirty dressup was Bill Belichik. At my age all you need is the Pats hoodie, headphones and a scowl. But Zombie Bill Belichik? That has possibilities!

malevolent andrea said...

Zombie Bill Belichik would be brilliant! I was actually thinking that for a guy with the right physical features and correct jersey, zombie sports personage would be cheap, easy, and awesome. Zombie Big Papi! Zombie Tuukka! Zombie David Beckham! (Bonus for a couples costume if the girl could pull off Zombie Posh!) And for a group costume? Zombie Pedroia, Zombie Youk, and Zombie Mikey Lowell could all go out drinking together. That would be EPIC.