Saturday, June 26, 2010

i.r.bored

It's Saturday morning, I'm at work, and I have nothing to do. Well, I do have a pile of archival CDs that need to be indexed and labelled, but that task is so very very tedious, I am pretending to myself it doesn't exist. I always say that I don't understand how anyone could ever be bored now that we have the interwebs, but I dunno. I am not being diverted at the moment.

So I think the answer to that is, of course, to blog. Then you guys can be bored right along with me. It's genius. First I'll tell you what I inexplicably spent money on yesterday, because I know my purchases are of endless interest. Ahem. I was reading a discussion *on the internet* about bras (that was diverting me!) and I wanted to pimp out my strapless bra, because it is the only strapless bra that I have ever owned that is comfortable and doesn't move, slip, etc etc. It has opened up a new world of summer clothing options for me. I wore a strapless maxi dress the other day! So armed with the number on the tag, I googled to see exactly what it's called, and I posted about it. But the googling led me to online lingerie shops, and because I was avidly reading everyone else's posts about their favorite bras, I kinda got overly excited and bought myself three new ones. Which, seriously, I think all the ones I wear now are like two years old, so a couple of them could be retired. On the other hand? I got my house insurance bill in the mail yesterday (not due till August though) and I had said to my dad, "I think I'm just going to pay the total amount, not do the quarterly thing." So you'd think a person who had decided just a couple hours before that they were going to pay off a big bill wouldn't be buying semi-pretty underwear willy nilly! Especially a person who has caved and started using the A/C. Oh, well. Just think of all the money I'm saving growing my own tomatoes. Ha!

See, I'm less bored already. My own stoopid sense of humor always cheers me up.

Oh, and you know what I used the other night? For Christmas, someone had given me a lavender aromatherapy kit, which I hadn't used, because I'm scared I'm allergic to lavender. Why's that, Andrea? Oh, I have this one ID photo (that I really should have retaken) in which my face is beet red because that week I had used some of the Benevolent L's crunchy granola health food store lavender sunscreen at the beach and had a reaction to it. Now, I think it's because lavender is known to cause photosensitivity, which makes it a fucking ridiculous ingredient to put in, y'know, sunscreen, but I've been kinda scared to use it in anything ever since. But this aromatherapy kit I got had pillow spray in it. You spray it on your sheets and pillows before you get into bed and it's supposed to help you drift off into peaceful slumber. Eh. I'm not sure it did anything. You know what really helps you drift off into peaceful slumber? An orgasm. But they can't merchandise that. Well, no, that's not true. I *have* heard there are stores in which you can buy-- Oh, never mind.

See, now I am really amusing myself. Maybe I can go tackle that tedious, tedious project for an hour. ::sniff:: You have helped me more than you can know. ::tear::

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

Bored? With Uruguay up against South Korean even as I type???

malevolent andrea said...

One of my docs is in today seeing patients, so there are people in our waiting room. This, of course, prevents me from going out there, changing the TV to the futbol, and vegging out in a beanbag. Life is tough.

On the plus side, my little horrible project didn't even take a whole hour. The anticipation is always worse than the reality.