Tuesday, June 8, 2010

invasive personal questions part 2

Oh, I should probably always just wait at my own bus stop, not walk down to the Dunkin Donuts, 'cause there's always other people waiting there and apparently they all like to chat. With me. Today I had a guy ask me if I took any psychiatric medications. Stop laughing. It wasn't a spontaneous question; it came up in conversation. Him, I felt totally comfortable laughing at and telling that was kind of too personal a question to ask someone whom you've just met, because he was totally flirting with me through the whole conversation, and when someone's flirting with you, you can give them a hard time.

We had quite the wide-ranging conversation, me n' Perry. (Name not changed to protect the innocent, unless he uses an alias when he flirts with chicks at the bus stop.) I told him things about the neighborhood, now-closed, skeery biker bar that he did not know, then I had to swear I'd never been in there. Ha! I also told him how he could've easily gotten where he wanted to go yesterday evening when he missed his bus and there wasn't another one for an hour and a half. He told me that's why women are smarter than men. (You're liking Perry already, huh?) And while Perry is not the future contractor second ex-husband of my dreams, something in the conversation leads me to believe that what he is, is a landscaper. Ooo, baby.

Unfortunately, other things in the conversation, like the fact that he was taking two buses to Danvers Square, then walking to Topsfield (that's a long fuckin' walk, look it up), leads me to believe that Mr Perry has recently lost his license, most probably for drunk driving or other very very naughty behavior. That's the problem with meeting people on the prison bus! Many of them are felons! In fact, Perry was very buff for a guy my age, and while I would like to charitably ascribe that to, like, landscaping and manly physical labor, there's always the chance he's just been lifting in prison. They've got good weight rooms there from what I hear.

Happy Tuesday, bitches! Get out there on the streets, because I think there's something in the air today. You too can probably get amusingly hit on by inappropriate people if you leave the house right now.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Now by me, a question like that is an excuse to

a) either cross my eyes or roll my irises out of sight

b) droop one side of my mouth and start to drool

c) hyperventilate and clench my fists

d) raise or lower my voice an octave and say "No...why do you ask?"

But then, nobody cute hits on me, even on the Prison bus :-(

malevolent andrea said...

Drooling on command is a skill we should all master, imho. hahaha The T would be a whole different experience!