Sunday, June 20, 2010

i need to register a protest

...with the Tampa Bay *Devil* Rays.

I'm sure nobody will have noticed this but me, but apparently they ran out of relief pitchers, so they asked Mr James Shields to pitch an inning. Which he did. And he got the win. Mr Shields is, if you do not remember, one of my fantasy guys. Do you know how valuable it is in fantasy terms to have one of your guys get a win while only using up one inning? Pretty damn fucking valuable.

However, since I DID NOT HAVE HIM IN MY LINEUP BECAUSE WHO THE HELL WOULD THINK HE WAS EVER GONNA MAKE A RELIEF APPEARANCE, it is all just a sad academic footnote to me. Devil Rays, do not ever do that again, 'cause it just pisses me off, 'k?

In somewhat related news, everyone (except perhaps my kid, who is tangentially interested, and, y'know, the commissioner) in my real life snickers when I start talking about fantasy baseball. I think you all, and everyone else, should try harder to be nicer to geeks. Making fun of people's nerdy hobbies is just rude. Also, I know better than to bring up weight loss and low carb eating theories except in very very low doses, because THAT makes people's eyes glaze over. So, basically, I cannot talk about anything I'm currently interested in. I think I got a better reception when I was blathering on about Buddhism and Hoarders, fer crissake.

I would try to develop more socially approved topics of conversation but I don't have any cute grandchildren, nor do I have a husband to bitch about, I don't get to go on any vacations, I'm sick of politics and current events are too depressing, and talking about one's pets is NOT as socially approved as people seem to think it is. I guess I'll have to settle for being a good listener and expending all my conversational mojo in here where y'all can click away when you're sick of me.

xoxo

No comments: