Sunday, June 6, 2010

domingo

You'll all be thrilled to know that I woke up feeling less like cutting a bitch today. Perhaps scrubbing the hell out of my kitchen yesterday and now having a clean floor in there has something to do with that. Perhaps. I will say this: I weighed like a pound and a half more on my scale this morning, nekkid, than I did on the scale in my boss's office yesterday, clothed, and I usually weigh a pound more on that scale. So apparently I am retaining a bunch o' fluid. This may be a sign in favor of PMS. Or maybe the humidity is still effing with me.

So, old business wrapped up, let's move on to new business!

Is everyone in Arizona really this douchey? Seriously? I think my favorite Dominican should refuse to pitch there. That'd show them. No, actually, he should pitch there with an attitude of, "oh, yeah, you got a problem with the Latinos? let's see your fastball, you racist fucks."

Did I tell you? I planted some (yellow) cherry tomato plants in containers on my deck and while I thought I had probably killed them while transplanting with my black thumb, they are actually doing great. One of them has a bunch of flowers on it, so I'm very excited. There's a lot of sun up there, and there's been just enough rain that I haven't had to water them too often, but they aren't getting drowned either. Our elderly neighbor whose yard backs up to mine and who used to give us some of his excess tomatoes told me he wasn't planting any this year since his all rotted in that horrible six weeks straight of rain we had last June and July. So I'm extra glad I might actually grow a few of my own.

Have any of you ever met a famous person that you had previously admired or been a big fan of and found out that they're actually an asshole? If so, did that affect your ability to admire their work/accomplishments? I have never really met anyone actually famous, though I was in an elevator with Joe Lansdale and his wife once. They seemed very pleasant in that chatting-with-strangers-in-an-elevator way, but I was too shy to tell him that I love his writing. We've also had at least a couple Boston sports figures, retired and unretired, have their kids seen in my department, but never such that I had to deal with them. Oh! And someone who used to be on SNL was seen at The Evil Massage Place when I was there, but I did not work on them, the shiatsu lady did. She said this person just seemed really, really tired. So I have no experience with this. Just curious.

My FIOS has been slightly wonky the last few days. Bite me, Verizon.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

There's been no time to make comments, snarky or otherwise, during the time I've been beating my head against the "helpful" Verizon make-your-own Web site site.

I *have* been to Arizona. It's another lofty land vexed with little men, as Emerson said of New Hampshire. Any place I saw that was mostly Anglo was looking uphill at being third-rate.

Since Helen Thomas started the giving things back conversation, why don't we give Arizona back to Mexico and let *them* sort it out?

malevolent andrea said...

That'd be sweet.

I kind of feel bad for the people who live in that state who aren't douchebags, because how embarrassing it must be to admit you haven't moved yet.