Monday, August 15, 2011

tying up the updates

The more I look at this blog title, the more it doesn't make sense and/or seems vaguely like a dirty pun. And don't you hate when you type or write a word enough that it doesn't look like a real word anymore? There's got to be a name for that. That doesn't look like a word. Oh, I crack myself up. Not changing the blog title. Onward!

1.) Finally got word from MassHealth that they have received enough information about D's case and he does NOT need this further evaluation that was scheduled for Labor Day weekend (which, btw, WTF? what kind of psychotherapist works on Labor Day weekend? a bad one, I am sure!). Anyway, that's one tiny bit o' stress off my plate.

2.) The appliance repair guy came and looked at my stove last week and confirmed what was my original thought. Not the stove. He was 99.9% sure it's a bad breaker. My electrician is coming Wednesday to fix said breaker. If it turns out to be the breaker. If it turns out to be something more complicated, he may not be able to do it Wednesday. This is impacting my ability to cook, since I am afraid to use more than one burner at a time, but no one ever died from eating sandwiches, I say.

3.) I had my last session with Liz Friday. I hugged her. I'm not entirely sure she was ready for that. We touchy-feely massage therapist type people really need to remember that not everyone is down with our hugging bullshit. Especially after all the boundary lectures we also were forcefed. But, no, I don't think I traumatized her.

4.) I have seen such remarkable things on public transport and around town lately. There was the very nicely dressed and groomed and actually quite beautiful 40-ish woman who was wearing one dirty(!) man's winter glove with the rest of her lovely ensemble. There was the woman with the baby stroller on the bus who, to her credit, folded up the handicapped seat and parked the stroller there, but nevertheless still managed to park it halfway into the aisle. Her (I'm sorry, but) fat friend then sat across from it, further sticking out into the aisle, such that there was now about 6 inches of clearing. And every time someone trying to squeeze past inadvertently bumped the stroller, the woman would loudly make vicious comments about them. [I don't think her lovely little baby is going to grow up to be a nice person, but eh. Stranger things have happened.] Then there was yet in another long line of egregiously-lying-on-the-cell-phone peeps. Woman calmly told her caller that, yes, of course she was at home and where else did he think she would be? Oh! And Scott and Courtney, i.e. Inappropriate PDA Gym Couple, are apparently back to being a real item, because he referred to her as his girlfriend the other day. This was when he was on a treadmill two down from me the other day and was having a conversation with the guy next to him in which he called the other guy by his first name every other sentence. Scott is, in case this isn't yet apparent to you, a bit of a douche. Nevertheless, I hope those crazy kids make it. Or not.

Happy Monday!

xoxo

P.S. I published this first on the wrong blog and OMFG I knew that was gonna happen some time. Perimenopause is still kicking my ass.

2 comments:

Uncle said...

You musta missed my act on the Blue Line Friday. Tired of people giving me the geezer seat, I pre-emptively took it, and defied anyone to say I wasn't old enough or gimpy enough not to deserve it: even women with SUV strollers.

malevolent andrea said...

It was almost a year ago that the guy gave me his seat on the Red Line and I am *still* trying to figure out if the shirt I had on that day makes me look preggo. Like, could I conceivably get away with nabbing the "geezer/gimpy/preggers" seat every time I'm wearing it? Would anyone argue? :-)

Speaking of which, that was another fascinating sighting...skinny 15 or 16 year old girl with a big round belly underneath her tank top at Salem Depot. I was covertly studying her to try to figure out if she was a very young mommy-to-be or if she just had a weird fat distribution. Then she had a cigarette. Which, this being Salem Depot, didn't do anything to answer the question. ahahahaha