Monday, August 29, 2011

more reason to live, however

Apparently I missed it, but Beyonce publicly announced her pregnancy on the VMAs last night. Which, I'm very happy, she and Jay-Z should have some adorable, smart, talented children. Also, I remember hearing/reading like a year ago that she was pregnant and then after many months had passed, realized, hmmm, shouldn't she have had that kid by now? And then saw a non-pregnant photo of her. So my internet research (because GOD KNOWS I have nothing better to do than figure out the personal lives of celebrities) then led me to the conclusion that she had never been pregnant at all and it was just a rumor OR she had been pregnant and then lost the pregnancy but had never publicly addressed either. Which is fine. Bey and Hova are people and even if they are mega rich and famous musicians, they deserve their privacy too. BUT ANYWAY, whether she was or was not ever pregnant before, I'm happy for them that she's pregnant now and far along enough to be showing and announcing. Besides which, remember when Jay-Z was all shy about even hugging her at awards shows and now it's like he's admitting he had sex with his own wife and knocked her up? He's come a long way in getting in touch with his softer side, yo. Ha!

D was watching the VMAs, but I checked out early (I thought we were gonna be watching Sunday night baseball.) I had to check out early because all my comments were along the lines of "is this what they consider music these days?" and "who are these people?" and so forth. I need to rent me a fourteen year old for a week or something. I did see the Foo Fighters win and hear Dave Grohl make a comment about "don't lose faith in real rock music, it's still out there, even if you have to look harder." Apparently he was sitting through the show saying the same things I was! Oh, us cranky old people.

But the reason I found out about Bey's announcement even though I left the room before it all happened was that I read the coverage on gofugyourself this morning. This is Heather's interpretation of Kanye's reaction to the announcement. (Keep in mind Kanye always gets caplocked on gofugyourself, and always rhymes, badly.; it's a thing.)

And I quote!:

KANYE RUNS UP TO JAY-Z, WHO SALUTES BEYONCE, AND HITS HIS BACK, AND IS LIKE, WHAT YO, SHE’S PREGGO, YOU ARE A SPERM PRO, WAY TO GO BRO.

I am going to have to work "you are a sperm pro" into my everyday conversation, because oh, it brings the lulz.

xoxo

No comments: