Friday, August 26, 2011

panic in the disco, part 2

My good friend Mr Indemnity just attempted to talk me in off the hurricane ledge by pointing out to me that this storm will not turn out to be anything worse than a typical nor'easter.

That's easy for people who didn't have trees fall into their driveways this calendar year to say. Have I survived 3-5 inches of rain in this house before, with at worst, some shopvaccing of some puddles in the cellar, and at best, no harm, no foul? Yes. Have we had 50 mile per hour winds that did not snap any trees? Yes. Have we had big storms that did NOT cause us to lose power? Yes. Are these bastard weathermen trying to make me crazier than I already am? Well, most likely it's unintentional. I will say when I was just at Shaws buying fruit, bread, peanut butter, water, and pie, there were people merrily buying huge shopping carts of ice cream and meat. Apparently, they have emergency generators or they are far more laid back than I am. Glass fuckin' half full types, the bastards.

Now I must go find my hand-crank-able flashlight that I know is here somewhere, unless I gave it to charity.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

My position is that I'm fully prepared for anything with windspeeds in two digits. And I have to put up with a ghoulish left-coast daughter who's cheering the thing on. Remind me to do the same for her next round of brushfires. (And drop by my place.)

malevolent andrea said...

I think I did donate that flashlight to charity. Son of a bitch.

The good news is, according to my Bodymedia, I just burned 311 calories cleaning my basement for two hours. D and i have been working at cleaning it out anyway, because of my embarrassment of the electrician having to go down there. But while I was sandbagging the sliders as best I could, we started cleaning more. Less crap of my dad's (and, sigh, mom's) and D's on the floor, the less to possibly get flooded, yo.

[Plus, you all know when I get crazee, I start ripping shit apart. See: panic attack kitchen scrubbing leading to cleaning product in eye 9/01/09, followed by whole autumn of thinking I was going blind.]