Thursday, July 7, 2011

part of what i did this weekend



Very happy with this, especially as it looks in the morning light. The paint color looks very different at different times of day. I'm going to put some kind of chair under that picture, to make like a little reading nook. Unfortunately there is nothing in my house I can repurpose for this, so I need to buy a chair. Here's some (cheap) options.






But I'm not sure I want to spend between $300 and $400 on a chair that realistically isn't going to be sat on. I want to make a reading nook; I don't necessarily think I'll *use* said reading nook, especially since cheap chairs aren't noted for their comfort. Still thinking.

xoxo

2 comments:

Craig H said...

The room looks great and inviting--a nice warm chair seems absolutely the ticket. It is indeed unfortunate that good chairs are hard to find, and stuff that can't be comfortably sat upon is never a bargain at any price. I've never regretted spending the big money up front for my favorite spot(s).

malevolent andrea said...

Thank you! As much as I know my particular design aesthetic isn't for everyone and that I'm only half-joking when I say I know my descriptions of what I'm doing/have done/plan to do horrify yous people, I do (modestly) think I have a good eye for color and style. I may be white trash, but I've got taste, yo. My episode of MTV Cribs would not have been an embarrassment. Ahem.

I think the chair situation will resolve itself. At some point I'll see one and know it's it!