Monday, July 26, 2010

here's something you may or may not know

...about me! I am, if not easily amused, then at least easily satisfied. It doesn't take a hell of a lot to make me happy. I know, you would think by the amount of bitching, pissing, and moaning that goes on in here that I am never happy, but that is not true. As easily as I am irritated, I am placated.

And so it came to pass that when I stopped by my tiny lil neighborhood liquor store this afternoon to buy my week's bottle of wine (livin' large, livin' large), I saw that they are now carrying a new product. Gnarly Head pinot grigio! Now, up to this point they have had Gnarly Head cab, merlot, pinot noir, and my usual, old vine zin. All reds! Now there is a Gnarly Head white. Isn't that exciting? (It is too, shut up.) And the only thing that kept me from buying it was that it would need to be chilled, and I was not sure I could wait for that. What if I wanted a glass with dinner, not after dinner? What then?!?

Anyway, so now I have something to look forward to. Take that as you will.

In the disappointment column, however, I wasn't really feeling the Mad Men season 4 premier last night. Kinda slow, kinda flat. Not enough Joan, not enough Pete Campbell. And Don in the sad divorced-guy apartment, getting slapped around by hookers? That's not right.

xoxo

No comments: