Thursday, July 29, 2010

comments that must be made

Well, okay, they've all actually been made already, pretty much, but now they shall be shared with the class.

1.) Ubaldo remembered how to pitch today. This is a good thing. One cannot remain my favorite Dominican forever while fucking with my team ERA, even with a backlog of stored good will.

2.) Did you know that steaming lobsters is supposedly a crueler way to prepare them, as they die less quickly? I myself prefer to think that in their tiny little lobster brains, they think that they've been sent to the spa and after the steam room comes the massage. And thus they die happy! Oh, shut up. As the proverb I quoted yesterday before ingesting my delicious, delicious steamed lobsters says: I did not claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat tofu. God.

3.) Speaking of delicious seafood...as at least two readers of this blog can testify, at the funeral last week my ex-husband swore he'd call me this week about the fresh-off-the-boat crabs he gets from "a guy". It is now Thursday. Do you see any crabs in my house? Have I even gotten a phone call or text with a lame excuse as to why there are no crabs in my house? Oh, blog readers, if you thought anything different would transpire, you haven't been paying attention! Edited to add: What kind of person would lie to a bereaved person about crustaceans? Again, god.

4.) I got eight cherry tomatoes from my plants today, which is my one-day-total record so far. When I consider what I paid for tomato plants and potting soil vs what cherry tomatoes cost, even at the farmers' market, I have to admit that one does not save money growing one's own vegetables. It does, however, give a person a false sense of accomplishment which is without price!

5.) More stuff.

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

Even at my own funeral, I will probably rise out of the urn in response a line as good as your ex's. You're to be commended for not saying, loudly, "you got crabs from a guy on a boat??"

Y'all can drop by when the time comes and see if I don't, because my mind is not pure.

malevolent andrea said...

I try to pretend my mind is pure in front of my kid. You know how upset they get when they have to think about their parents knowing what sex is.