Saturday, January 14, 2012

here's today's questions

I got a groupon this morning offering me 67% off liposuction. I've in the past also seen them for laser eye surgery, spider vein treatment, and...I dunno, other medical treatments of the elective variety. Would it disturb you if your MD was resorting to groupon? I admit, it would me. Also, if they can afford to discount it that much, what is the markup on the original price?

Secondly, I clicked on it (yeah, yeah, I know) and it's actually a "noninvasive, FDA-approved Exilis radiofrequency system", not traditional liposuction per se. They blast your fat cells with radio frequencies. Is it me, or does this sound like a scam? Also, the fine print tells me that while I *may* see improvement after two sessions, a series of four is recommended. Oh! So that's how they can afford to discount it so much--they just suck you into buying another package. Does "FDA-approved" mean it isn't a complete scam or does that just mean it ain't gonna kill you?

I guess hope springs eternal. Everyone wants the magic bullet that's gonna make them thin without them doing any actual, y'know, work. Five people have bought this discount the last time I checked. I wish them and their cellulite the best of luck. I might just hold my thighs close to the microwave when I'm nuking a sweet potato for ten minutes. I'm sure that will do the same thing!

xoxo

1 comment:

Uncle said...

Must be about the same markup as spinal fusion surgery...with about the same chance of success. (Now when I see orthopedics on Groupon, I'm dropping the mouse and backing slowly away)