Monday, November 21, 2011

stop the insanity!

Remember this chick?



This post has nothing to do with her. I just wanted to use her catch phrase as my title and it dinged something in the recesses of my brain.

Nope, the insanity I would like to stop is the fact that last night on the way to my house, the Benevolent L and I saw three houses already completely festooned with Christmas lights, one on the Revere Beach Parkway, and two on 107. There was another one we almost counted, but it was decorated in orange lights and we kinda thought it probably was someone who hasn't taken down their Halloween decorations yet. Or maybe they're just gonna multi-purpose them.

N E Way, I do not approve of Christmas lights going up on people's houses the day after Thanksgiving, so I sure as hell do not approve of them in mid-November. I am sorry to bitch about this every year (look back, I'm pretty sure I have!) but it really pisses me off.

But you know what is hilarious? Another thing The Benevolent L and I were talking about is my now-official menopause, and I was telling her that the one bright spot she has to look forward to is that the hormonal mood swings are g.o.n.e. Things that used to irritate me so fucking much (at the wrong time of the month, obvs) no longer do so! I think that is leading us to more of a rant-free and possibly less entertaining blog, boys and girls, but take solace in the fact that some things, like Christmas decorations in the autumn, will continue to prod me to complain.

Plus, if the choice is between entertaining yous people and not having my boobs be sore twenty days out of every month like during the perimenopause hormonal flux, I will take the non-sore boobs. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

xoxo

2 comments:

crispix67 said...

I have a fit every time I go to Kroger and see the real Christmas trees-which showed up over this past weekend- there, waiting...knowing these trees will be tinder in just a couple weeks, and probably wont make it to the actual Christmas day...sad, and scary (fire hazard!!lol) No Christmas music yet...but if you hear of an earthquake in Atlanta before Thanksgiving, youll know I heard some. :-)

malevolent andrea said...

Ah, yes. The garden store I pass every day on my way to work was getting their shipment of trees in yesterday. I don't know who puts a live tree in their house in November, but whoever they are, they are as dumb as a box of rocks. Sigh.