Friday, February 24, 2012

wow

Apparently the doc that saved my kid's life has been arrested for rape and assault and battery on his estranged wife. I would be remiss in not reporting to you all that the argument began over Red Sox tickets. Also, that the wife reports he's been verbally and physically abusive for the past few months and she attributes that to steroids he is taking for his ears.

Okay, now that all those tragic yet hilarious facts and/or allegations are out of the way, let's discuss my shock. I literally think of this man as The Guy Who Saved D's Life. He was the one who said let's stop messing around, trying this drug and that drug, and go to the clozapine. He was the one who kept him in when the insurance company wanted him released, because he knew he wasn't close to stable yet. And more than that, he was the guy I'd see on the ward on weekend afternoons in shorts and a tee shirt, who always, if he saw me in the hall, would pull me aside to talk, to ask for my input on how things were going and what I was observing, and then would actually pay attention to what I'd told him. He seemed like a smart doctor, but he also seemed like a good guy. The whole beating up a woman over bad Red Sox tickets and then allegedly raping her didn't seem like the kind of behavior I would expect from him.

I hope he's innocent!

xoxo

2 comments:

Uncle said...

I don't know this doc, but it surprised me too. I had a life-altering encounter with another local psych many years ago. Some years after that, I was on the receiving end of an horrendous rant from a fellow worker on the guy's sexism. It's hard to know what to believe when you're personally involved. I hope it works out.

malevolent andrea said...

Yeah, I hope it's just a case of bad divorce is bad. With lots of lying and mis-stating of facts. :-(